The Leicester 500,000 minutes challenge!
This year during the Leicester Readathon 2023 we’re challenging the whole of Leicester to read for half a million minutes!
Using Read for Good’s free web-app, Track My Read (think Strava for reading for fun!), schools set their own reading challenge which will count towards the city’s collective “Half a Million Minutes Challenge”. Once set up, your pupils log their reading each day, you’ll see the total school’s target being smashed and you’ll get reading behaviour insights for all participating pupils. The school that can log the most minutes per pupil will win one of our Brilliant Boxes of Books!*
- First, watch our CPD session which walks you through how to use Track My Read
- Go to www.trackmyread.org or click the button above
- Sign in with Google and work through the CPD session or use this comprehensive User Guide
- Set a close date of 31 March (you can change this if you want to continue your school’s Track My Read beyond the Leicester Readathon 2023)
- Choose “Add Group Challenge” and copy and paste in the Leicester Readathon 2023 Half a Million Minutes Challenge group code: 7DCv*dvc5cqG%YYX
If you don’t want to add all your pupils to Track My Read, just add yourself as a participant and use our paper reading trackers below. This enables you to add any the minutes you read collectively using the “Add bulk minutes tab”. Alternatively, just email firstname.lastname@example.org with any collective reading minutes, and we’ll make sure your reading contributes to the Half A Million Minutes challenge.
Download our and print our handy class and pupil reading trackers:
This walkthrough video will help you set up Track My Read
*The winner of the Brilliant Box of Books is calculated by dividing pupils on roll by minutes read based on data provided through Track My Read.
Your School Name and topline results will be visible to other schools taking part in the challenge.