Konnie Huq could be visiting your school!
Readathon’s a brilliant but simple way for kids to discover their own love of reading. And if you love to read as a child, you are more likely to be successful throughout your life. So it really matters. And Konnie Huq agrees!
Konnie, popular with kids and adults alike for her TV and radio presenting, is also the longest-serving female presenter of BBC Blue Peter and her new Cookie! series is proving to be a huge hit with 7-12 year olds. Her interactive show for schools includes live comic strip illustration, quizzes and science experiments such as exploding Mentos, all of which are sure to get the whole school buzzing!
Find our more about Readathon here. And sign up by clicking the button below to run our Readathon this academic year and you’ll be in with a chance to win the visit!
And it works…
National Literacy Trust research found that kids who take part in Readathon:
- Read more often and more widely
- Are more likely to visit the school library
- And they’re happier!
Terms and Conditions
- All schools that order a Readathon kit in the academic year 2019-2020 will be eligible to win a visit from Konnie Huq.
- One school will be drawn at random from the eligible schools.
- The visit will take place in the 2020-2021 academic year.
- A small choice of dates for the visit will be offered to the school, from which the school must choose. The school cannot change the date of the visit once confirmed.
- No alternative prize is available.
- Closing date is 30 June 2020.
- The winning school will be notified by 30 July 2020.
- The winning school must be willing to take part in publicity.
- Only open to UK mainland schools.
- Read for Good’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Promoter: Read for Good, 26 Nailsworth Mills, Nailsworth, Gloucestershire GL6 0BS. Registered charity number 1130309.