Read for Good’s BIG READ!
Read for Good’s Big Read is a fantastic way to motivate your whole school to read for pleasure. We challenge your school to reach a reading target of 20,000, 50,000 or 100,000 minutes over two-three weeks. When your school reaches its chosen goal, Read for Good will send you a big box of amazing brand new books – including the latest and award winning titles. Plus, your efforts will also unlock funding to provide brand new books and storyteller visits for children in your local major children’s hospital. How brilliant is that!
To get you started you will receive:
- Read for Good’s Big Read totaliser so your pupils can colour in and track minutes read by your school
- Reading records for each pupil so they can record minutes spent reading for pleasure
- Films to show pupils the impact they can make when they read for pleasure to benefit seriously ill children in hospital
- Bookmarks, stickers and posters
When you’ve reached your target minutes you will receive:
- A box of brand new books, chosen specifically to engage pupils in reading
- A certificate for each pupil thanking them for their efforts
- And recognition for reading to raise funding for books
We are looking for schools that serve pupils with high levels of poverty. When selecting schools we’ll consider free school meal and pupil premium statistics, as well as the relative levels of poverty in your community. To find out how you can be involved please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us for a chat on 01453839005